Lemon Pound Cake
Recipe courtesy of: Neon Is My Color
The fun thing about this delicious recipe is that you can customize it just by switching the flavor of extract you use in the final product. This version, infused with lemon extract, yields a tasty lemon pound cake!
- 1 scoop Purely Inspired® Organic Protein
- 1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 cup xylitol, erythritol or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 whole eggs separated into whites and yolks
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- In a bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the three whole eggs, two egg yolks, coconut oil, butter and extracts. Mix until well combined. A stand mixer or hand mixer is recommended.
- Add the remaining egg whites and mix on high for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into two silicone mini loaf pans, or a parchment paper-lined, 8-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan and placing on rack.
- Top with a powdered sugar substitute if desired.